Senna - Cassia angustifolia
- Senna leaves have been extensively used by ayurveda as a laxative. The sennosides contained in senna are responsible for the laxative effect.
- It is considered to be one of the safe and effective support to prevent constipation, worm infestations and may help in toxin removal.
- It may helps to balance Vata Pitta dosha.
- It is considered to have hepatoprotective properties.
- Long term use of senna should be avoided as it may cause serious side effects like electrolyte imbalance, muscle weakness etc.
- Senna is said to have laxative properties.
- May be useful in indigestion & disturbed digestive system.
- Senna is said to have hepatoprotective properties.
Direction for use :
Powder : Take 1-2 gms powder at bedtime or as advised by the physician.