Sunthee(ginger) is of the rhizome family like Cardamom, Turmeric, Galangal. It is used as a spice and also as a medicine. It can be used fresh, dried, powdered or as juice or oil. Obtained by the Greeks and Romans from Arab traders, it was one of the first oriental spices to arrive in Europe. Ginger produces cluster of white and pink flower buds that bloom into yellow flowers. It is a perennial reed-like plant with annual leafy stems about a meter tall. Traditionally the rizhome is gathered when the stalk withers. It is immediately scalded or washed and scraped to kill and prevent sprouting.
Ginger used as delicacy, a herb, a spice but what may be it’s use but in true sense it is a gift of God to us. There are very few such herbs which are having such benefits and medicinal values. The rhizome of the plant is used for medicinal purpose. Dry Ginger known as Sunthi in India and use profusely in discs and medicines. Ginger is pungent and hot spice that becomes even stronger with time as becomes older. Ginger promotes the appetite, helps in digestion, good for sour throat, ginger stimulates the libido, rich sources of anti oxidants, rich with enzymes that helps the gut, it increases body temperature and vitality, improves the immunity and it is a taste buds stimulant.
Home Remedies Receipes
- For acidity - Take Amla Powder 1 tsp., Cumin Seed Powder ½ tsp., Fennel Seed Powder ½ tsp., Sunthee Powder ¼ tsp., Sajjikhar (Soda Bi Carb) 1 Pinch and Cardamom Powder ¼ tsp., Black Raisins 20 Nos, Jeshtimadhu Powder ½ tsp & Mix them with water. Drink this mixture twice a day.
- For diarrhoea - Sunthee powder ¼ tsp., Cumin seed powder 1 tsp, Poppy seeds paste ¼ tsp. Salt 1 Pinch and Curd tbsp. Mix them well. Eat it twice a day.
- For nausea - Take medium piece of ginger. Crush and boil it with 1/2 glass of water. Boil to half. Drink this lukewarm water.
- For flatulence - Cumin seed powder 1 tsp., Asafoetida powder 1 pinch, Dry ginger powder ¼ tsp., Sanchal (Black Salt) ¼ tsp., Water ½ glass and Ajwain powder ¼ tsp. Mix them well. Drink three times a day or whenever you feel flatulence and gas.
- For healthy digestion - Crush one medium chunk of fresh ginger. Crush it to paste. Add this to one glass of water and boil to half and drink.
- To normalize appetite - Take Hing (asafoetida) ¼ tbs, Sunthee powder, ¼ tbs pepper powder ¼ tbsp., piper ¼ tbs, Ajwain (ajmo) ¼ tbs, jeeru (anel seeds) powder ¼ tbs, Shahjeeru ¼ tbs, Sindhav rock salt ¼ tbs mix well and take one tbsp. with butter milk before lunch.
- To get glow on face- Take 1 tbs of shredded ginger and one tbs honey, mix it and eat it. This will provide the skin with a healthy glow.
- For allergies - Take 10 leaves of Tulsi (basil), make a paste of it with the juice of one piece of ginger, add one teaspoon honey. Take this concoction six or eight times a day.
- For Common Cold - Sunthee Powder 50 Gms., Black Pepper Powder 50 Gms. and Pipali Powder 50 gms. Mix them well and keep it bottled. Take half a teaspoon with Honey three times a day
Sunthee powder, Amla powder, Cum seed powder, Fennel seed powder, Sajjikhar, Cardamon powder, Black raisins, Jeshtimadhu powder, curd, Poppy seeds, Ginger, Ajwain, Pepper, Zingiber officinale Ginger, Adrak, Aale, Sonth, Alla, Sund, Sutho
Ginger, Adrak, Aale, Sonth, Alla, Sund, Sutho