Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is a rhizhome flowering perennial that belongs to the ginger family. It is indigenous to India where it is used both as spice and dye. Turmeric is a leafy, stem-less plant with oblong lily-like yellowish leaves. It typically attains a height of three to five feet and is characterized by its yellow rhizome, or root, as well as its pale clustered flowers. Turmeric has a peppery, warm and bitter flavor and a mild fragrance slightly reminiscent of orange and ginger, and while it is best known as one of the ingredients used to make curry, it also gives ballpark mustard its bright yellow color. . Turmeric comes from the root of the Curcuma longa plant and has a tough brown skin and a deep orange flesh.
Turmeric has long been used as a powerful anti-inflammatory in Indian systems of medicine. Turmeric was traditionally called "Indian saffron" because of its deep yellow-orange colour. Volatile oil in Turmeric has anti inflammatory and antioxidant effect. Its active agent called Curcumin, hinders the growing of fat cells. It contains many vitamins and minerals. It stimulates metabolism, digesting and protects liver, anti inflammatory and improves appetite. It stimulates blood circulation, reduce cholesterol level and boosts gall bladder.
Home Remedies Receipes
- For blackheads - Take 1 tbs. Turmeric powder, ½ tbs red Sandal powder and 2 tbs of milk. Mix everything properly. Apply the mixture prepared from the above ingredients and rinse it off after ten minutes.
- For cracked heels - Blend Turmeric powder, Tulsi powder and camphor in equal proportions. Mix all these ingredients with Aloe Vera gel and make it in a paste like consistency. Apply this paste on the heels and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash your heels with moderate warm water.
- For dark underarms - Take 1 tsp of lime juice, 1 tsp of cucumber juice and ½ tbs of turmeric powder. Mix it well and make a paste of it. Apply this paste on your armpits and wash off after 20 minutes.
- For eczema - Take 1 tbs of turmeric powder and make a paste of 20 bitter neem leaves. Mix both and apply this paste to the affected areas.
- For Psoriasis - Take 3 tbs Cow Ghee add 3 tbs of Turmeric powder, 1 tbs of Jeshtimadh (Liquorice powder) and Sesame oil 2tbs. Warm the ingredients lukewarm. Massage the affected areas with it. Do it two to three times a day.
- For anti ageing - Take 1 tbs juice of Amla powder, 1 tbs juice of Tulsi powder, 1 tbs turmeric powder and 1 tbs honey. Mix it well and have it in the morning empty stomach for the best result.
- For Rheumatoid arthritis - Take Turmeric powder 1 tspn, dry ginger powder ¼ tspn, Black pepper powder ¼ tspn, Asafoetida 1 pinch and Fenugreek seed ½ tspn. Mix well and drink it twice a day with water.
- To cleanse the blood - Take 1 tbs of turmeric powder mix it with 1 tbs of honey and eat it in the morning on empty stomach.
Turmeric powder, Sandal powder, Tulsi powder, Camphor, Aloe vera gel, Lime juice, Cucumber juice, Cow Ghee, Jeshtimadh, Sesame oil, amla powderm Ginger powder, Black pepper, Asafoetida, Fenugreek
Turmeric, Indian Saffron, Curcuma, Haridra, Haldi, Halad, Halada